With the holidays just around the corner, taking care of your hair is the last thing you want to be complicated or time-consuming. Here are a few ideas we use to care and style hair for the cold (or rain and wind if you’re in the Pacific Northwest).
- When washing your hair, use a quality conditioner before shampooing. Massage a nice conditioner into your scalp and hair and leave on for a few minutes before gently shampooing out. This will help nourish dry or damaged hair.
- When you remove your hat, don’t those pesky frizzy flyaways bother you? One easy way to help tame those flyaways is to first rub some lotion into your hands (protecting your skin and nails too!) before smoothing a bit onto your hair. Like magic, they are smoothed into place. Again, be sure to rub the lotion into your hands first, so you aren’t globbing lotion into your hair just smoothing out the static.
- You can treat yourself to a leave in conditioning treatment at home or at a salon. Both are helpful in protecting your hair from the weather and styling damage.
- Prevention is the key to quality hair care as it is easier to condition and nourish hair before damage is done by weather or mistreatment. Conditioning, regular trims to avoid split ends, and hats or scarves can help protect and keep your hairstyle looking and feeling good.
- A good hair cut and style can help increase your confidence. When you look good, you feel good. Treat yourself to a quality hair care experience to give you an extra boost. Detanglers, leave in conditioners, hair nourishment, there are many ways we can help you sort out a the best way to care for your hair.
We had a fabulous summer and a great fall with our lovely clients, looking forward to a great Thanksgiving too! You can always follow along on our Facebook page for fun photos, feel free to contact us anytime!
Wishing you all the best,
Rhonda & DeLene